IBKR's Securities Loan Borrow (SLB) system is a fully electronic, self-service utility that lets clients search for availability of shortable securities from within our Client Portal account management platform. The system updates periodically throughout the day. Use the shortable search tool to:
- View quantity available, number of lenders and current indicative borrow rate (the rate at which dealers in the Securities Lending/Borrowing Market are willing to transact today).
- View historical indicative borrow rates.
- Search for shortable securities by symbol and exchange, ISIN or CUSIP number. In addition, search shortable bonds by credit rating.
- Upload a bulk request text file to search for availability of multiple shortable securities at once.
- Download prepared lists of shortable securities grouped by country.